I'm putting my feet up and my needle down.
What a crazy year!
What have I learned from completing a 365 daily project?
- If you do not water your plants for a few weeks they will die.
- Laundry does not fold it self.I
- If you don't sweep and wash floors for a prolonged period of time you husband will take notice.
- Sitting on a sofa sewing for 6 hours is not exercise. (back to the gym tomorrow? who am I kidding ... next week...)
- My husband was right and there was no way I needed as much fabric as I've been collecting. (I can't believe how much remains... )
- If you live in a house where someone is hand sewing every day you are bound to step on a needle (sorry guys!).
- If you work until late in the evening and only allow yourself a few hours sleep you will get burnt out and sick (and no one will feel sorry for you because what rational person would ever choose to embroider every day for a year?).
- I am not the only one who is still has a crush on Emilio Estevez.
- My parents always complained I never stuck with anything... and guess what... I did.
- That there is actually 366 days in 2012 but guess what? I had two day 97's (brain freeze... what can I say... there is NO way I am going back to renumber them all... gotta cut a girl some slack).
- If you work at something every day you get pretty good at what you`re doing!
So what's next?
- I am very excited to announce that the work featured during the 365 are going to be available as prints! I am hoping to get a few up and listed by the end of the week in the Etsy shop.
- Lots of new embroidery patterns from the 365 are coming soon too for you all that need to get your craft on!
- The Impresario Gallery is hosting a gala opening of the 365 Lucky Days show in Cobourg, Ontario this Friday 3-6pm all is welcome, if you are around I would love to see you there! The show is open until the end of September.
- Some of the 365 is also being showcased in the group show "Seeing Stars" at the Campfire Gallery in San Francisco opening this Thursday. If you are in the area check it out and tell them Lucky says "hi"!
- I want to take this opportunity to announce my availability as a freelance illustrator. This is the work I enjoy most and now that the 365 is completed my schedule just opened up!
- If anyone is looking for illustration work done with a needle and thread, I am an extremely dedicated artist with an excellent work ethic (another well deserved pat on the back ). You can contact me here!
But for now I am going to make myself a cup of tea. Get in my PJ's and reflect on what a great year I had.
Thank you everyone for your support. I couldn't have done it without you!